Western Union is a leader in global financial services with the digital and physical capabilities to move money in more than 200 countries and territories. With 32 transactions being made by Western Union every second, the company helped businesses and other customers move more than £150 billion in 2017.
Western Union believes that when money moves, better things happen. A business expands. A child goes to college. Emergency aid arrives when it’s needed. An economy prospers, an opportunity opens, a community heals and relationships endure.
Are you passionate about financial inclusion? Are you a problem-solver who believes in finding innovative solutions? The Moving Money For Better Scholarship is an opportunity for creative leaders who believe in our purpose of moving money for better.
The Moving Money For Better Scholarship will allow three leaders passionate about financial inclusion the opportunity to join the Western Union delegation at the 2018 One Young World Summit in The Hague, The Netherlands. During the Summit they will connect with fellow change makers from more than 190 countries!
Who should apply
If you are aged 18 – 30 and passionate about financial inclusion and creative solutions, then this opportunity is for you! Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- A passion for creating social impact through financial inclusion
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Concern for local and global issues.
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis (inclusive) October 16-20, 2018
- Provisions for additional accommodations may be made for delegates as needed
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Discretionary funds to provide for emergency out of pocket expenses whilst in The Hague.
Deadline to apply: 4 June 2018
One Young World was founded in 2009 by David Jones and Kate Robertson. It is a UK-based charity that gathers together the brightest young leaders from around the world, empowering them to make lasting connections to create positive change.
It stages an annual Summit where the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations are joined by world leaders, acting as the One Young World Counsellors.
At the Summit, delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces.
At past Summits delegates were joined by a line-up of Counsellors that included Justin Trudeau, Emma Watson, Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Sir Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Meghan Markle, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Jamie Oliver, Jack Dorsey and Mary Robinson. Click here to find out more about past Counsellors.
For more information, visit this link.