Deadline: 31 October 2018
CIVICUS is seeking applications for its GoalKeepers Youth Action Accelerator Program 2019 will support promising youth advocates who are using data in innovative ways to address Global Goals 1-6 local development challenges related to poverty, hunger, health and well-being, education, gender equality and water and sanitation.
2019 is kicking off with an exciting, innovative, youth-led and multi-partner programme called the Goalkeepers Youth Action Accelerator! The launch of the Accelerator is a direct response to the challenges young people face in accessing sufficient and appropriate resources to meaningfully engage in development decisions and activities that affect their communities.
Successful applicants (who become Accelerator participants) will have access to a suite of technical support, networks and mentors as well as funding, goods and services valued at up to $30,000. In addition to facilitating connections with CIVICUS members and partners nationally and sub-nationally, Accelerator participants will have the opportunity to engage in international networking opportunities to build global solidarity and further create visibility and mobilise funds around their initiatives.
Detailed offerings include:
- Hands-on guidance to refine and finalize applicants project proposal into a comprehensive implementation plan
- Tailored training and resources to help applicant build the skills needed to implement applicants initiative
Ongoing, regular support with Accelerator project implementation, including support with measuring citizen-based data collection and analysis with a mentor/ technical advisor
- Being part of an active community of youth and non-youth organisations working on citizen-driven data sourcing and accountability approaches and data analysis and storytelling focused on peer-to-peer learning and problem solving
- Promotion of applicants work to a global audience via case studies, blog posts and learning resources
Individual youth (ages 18-35) or representatives of youth led organisations from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East (with priority given to Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia) working in their communities to enhance local development.
- Relevance to the Accelerator’s themes, i.e. data sourcing and accountability and/or data translation and storytelling
- Feasibility, viability, and coherence of the idea
- Impact and scaling potential in the nearterm
- Innovation, with a focus on creative ideas for generating and using citizen generated data
- Proven experience and understanding of the problem
- Soundness of budget and implementation plan
- Clearly articulated link between Accelerator support and the initiative’s success
- Human resource capacity
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Youth Action Accelerator.