Deadline: 4 January 2019
Applications are open for African Youth Energy Innovator Program 2019. Africa Energy Indaba is committed to empowering talented young Africans by allowing them to be seen by the industry experts and energy decision makers.
- Energy Security: Can your innovation help with effective management of energy supply, reliability of energy infrastructure, or meet a specific set of current and future demands?
- Environmental Sustainability: Does your innovation provide clean renewable or low carbon supply energy?
- Energy Equity: Can your innovation improve accessibility and affordability of energy in Africa?
- Job creation: Could your innovation create jobs?
- Target customers: Who is the innovation going to benefit? For example Utilites / Rural communities / Corporates etc.?
- Customer value: What are the key benefits of your innovation to customers?
- Your unique value proposition: How will you differentiate and position yourself?
- The winner will receive the Best Innovator Award and will be recognized at the Africa Energy Indaba 2019 in Johannesburg.
- The Top-5 finalists will each receive an opportunity to showcase their Innovation in a 2-day Exhibition during the Africa Energy Indaba. All expenses paid (flights, accommodation, Exhibition Stand, free media coverage of their innovation).
- This will provide the following benefits:
- Publicity and exposure of the winning innovations to local and international market opportunities
- Access to exclusive Business Matchmaking networking programme to meet with potential investors
- Opportunity to meet key public and private sector stakeholders
- The possibility of attracting funding or sponsorship
- Individuals who are between 18 to 35 years old;
- Have citizenship to any country in Africa
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit African Youth Energy Innovator.