Applictions are open for Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) to develop a select group of young Nigerians into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year.
The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners. Following successful completion of their projects, fellows remain involved with CYFI and the U.S. Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program.
- Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern applicants
- Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
- Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
- Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
- Participate in CYFI Alumni Program
Fellowship is looking for:
- Passion: Applicants are committed to making a significant contribution to applicants community and country
- Skill & Experience: Applicants have a unique set of skills and experiences that applicant can use to make an impact
- Strategic Thinking: Applicants are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project.
- Vision: Applicants know the area of social change in which applicant would like to work, and applicant can articulate the positive change that applicant would like to make.
The 2019 application is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Deadline: 13 January 2019
For more information, please visit