The International Youth Fellowship Program builds the skills of young Canadians and supports the work of AKFC’s partner organizations overseas.
Participants can apply for one of three streams that best match their backgrounds and interests:
- International Development Management (IDM) Fellows benefit from placements in a variety of organizations, working in fields such as health, education, rural development, and civil society strengthening. Placements include positions in research, project management, communications, and monitoring and evaluation.
- International Microfinance and Microenterprise (IMM) Fellows gain experience with an organization involved in microfinance or market development, to develop skills in the day-to-day operations and evaluation of these programs.
- Young Professionals in Media (YPM) Fellows work as journalists for Nation Media Group, a leading media outlet in East Africa. With opportunities to report in print, broadcast, and digital media, Fellows gain the skills to work effectively in today’s global media environment.
To become an International Youth Fellow, applicants must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of the application deadline
- Be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the field of international development and their chosen Fellowship stream
- Hold at minimum an undergraduate university degree
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Deadline: 1 February 2019
For more information, please visit International Youth Fellowship Program.