Deadline: 28 November 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for “The Kennedy‐Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program” to provide scholarships for high school students (14-16 years old) to spend one academic year in the United States.
The program is crucial for expanding communication between the peoples of the United States and Lebanon to promote mutual understanding and respect. Students live with host families, attend high school, and engage in activities to learn about American society and values, acquire leadership skills, and help educate Americans about Lebanese culture.
The program supports students with disabilities and encourages their participation.
Kennedy-Lugar YES scholarships cover all Major expenses such as airfare, room and board, and pocket money will be paid by the YES scholarship.
To be eligible to participate in the YES program, a student must:
- Be a Lebanese citizen or a long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon
- Be currently enrolled in the Brevet or 1st secondary class of the Lebanese baccalaureate program or in the 9th or 10th grade of the high school program
- Have a birth date between August 1, 2002 and August 1, 2004
- Demonstrate maturity, good character, scholastic aptitude, flexibility and adaptability
- Have a minimum of “B” average or 12/20 for the past three years (with no failing grades)
- Have strong English language ability: Minimum “B” average or 12/20 in English for the past three years
- Agree to attend classes in the U.S. as full-time students and maintain at least a “C” average in a U.S. high school
- Demonstrate willingness to participate in the American host family’s daily life
- Not have previously attended high school for a semester or academic year in the United States
- Not be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Lebanon
For more information, please visit YES Program.