Are you interested in learning more about sustainable modern governance, and to meet other young professionals from the Baltic Sea Region and the EU Eastern Partnership? Apply for the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals.
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration in the Baltic Sea region and in the EU Eastern Partnership countries. The programme also aims to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure. In the SAYP, the participants will be able to expand their own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges.
The programme consists of three main components;
- The first takes place in the participants’ home countries in the form of preparatory meetings/webinars and/or reading of material provided by the thematic module organizers.
- This is followed by an intense thematic two-weeks-module during the period of June–August. The thematic module is held either in Sweden or one of the participant countries. Information about the thematic modules for SAYP 2019 can be found below under step 1 in the application procedure. This year SAYP Baltic region /Eastern partnership countries offers four different modules to choose from, three in Sweden and one in Georgia. Eligible participants from Belarus, , Estonia, Georgia, , Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden, Ukraine
- The module is followed up in the participants’ home countries during autumn, in the form of events, such as study visits or workshop, or follow up project work.
Through SAYP applicants will:
- Develop their professional skills
- Extend their personal and professional network
- Expand knowledge within sustainable modern governance
- Experience a cross-sectorial work environment
- Try experience-sharing in a macro-regional context
- Get a lifelong membership in the SI Alumni Network, and exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning
The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration. But SAYP has a cross-sectoral ambition and they also welcome participants from other parts of the society, if the thematic focus of the module is relevant for the candidate’s professional development, and to the work at his/her home organisation.
Applicants can apply if they:
- are a citizen of and currently working in SAYP baltic region/Eastern partnership: Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden or Ukraine
- are under 36 years old (up to 35)
- have good command of English language
- have a relevant higher education (at least three years)
- are employed in one of the following groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
Citizens of other countries in the Baltic Sea Region who are currently employed in one of the participant countries may also apply, but will not have priority in the selection.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Deadline: 4 March 2019
For more information, please visit SI Summer Academy.