Applicants are invited to submit applications for Step it up for Gender Equality in a Progressive Society, Youth for Gender Equality Forum 2019. The event will take place in the European Parliament in Brussels from 5 –8 March 2019.
Step it up for Gender Equality in a Progressive Society is an interactive and inspiring initiative to promote dialogue, exchange, learning and networking for young people engaged in promoting gender equality in their daily lives. The programme focuses on what Socials and Democrats in the European Parliament stand for in terms of gender equality and sustainable equality, what they have achieved so far and how they will to continue fight for a progressive society in the future.
The 2019 Forum is looking for 50 young motivated EU nationals individuals, aged from 18 to 25, to be a part of the fourth edition of this event ahead of the 2019 European Elections. Selected candidates will share with us 3 days of workshops, conferences and activities.
- As part of this unique event, participants will also have the chance to build a wide network of contacts and share their experience of gender equality projects.
- Participants will have the opportunity to interact directly with S&D members of the European Parliament, professionals and experts while engaging in intercultural exchanges with the other participants.
- The 2019 Forum is looking for 50 young motivated EU national individuals, aged 18 to 25.
- The ideal candidate will be motivated, proactive and engaged in gender equality and women’s rights activism, with good communication skills, and will share the core values of the Socialists and Democrats.
- Party membership and active engagement in party work is not a precondition for being selected.
- A good knowledge of English, however, is a must as there will be no interpretation during the Forum.
- The S&D Group will consider gender balance in the selection process.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can register via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic,Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.
Deadline: 6 January 2019
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.