Applicants are invited to apply for the sixth Young Pacific Leaders Conference in Suva, Fiji will take place the first week of March 2019 through a partnership between Cultural Vistas and the U.S. Department of State.
This comprehensive conference will provide emerging Pacific leaders, ages 25-35, with new skills and knowledge to advance the region’s economic vibrancy and civic engagement, thereby contributing to regional security and development. A diverse and highly selective group of 42 young men and women from across the independent Pacific states, Australia, New Zealand and the United States will be chosen to participate in the conference. Outstanding alumni of previous conferences will be invited to participate. At the conclusion of the conference all participants will be eligible to compete for small grants to support projects in their countries and the region. All travel, lodging and meals will be provided to selected participants. Applicants must be available to participate in the virtual activities in February 2019, attend the full conference in March 2019, and participate in activities in May 2019.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the program:
- Applicants must be 25-35 years old at time of the conference
- Applicants must be a citizen and current resident of one of the YPL countries: Australia, the Cook Islands, Fiji, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Islands of French Polynesia, Kiribati, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, and the American-affiliated Pacific including American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and Hawaii.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. The YPL Conference will be held entirely in English.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two-years work experience.
- Applicants must be able to travel to Fiji and attend the 2019 YPL conference in its entirety. The YPL Program will cover all travel, accommodation and meals for selected recipients.
How to Apply
Prepare electronic versions of the following items; applicants will upload them at the end of this application:
- Current C.V. or Resume (Limit 2 pages, Word Document or PDF format)
- Passport: Accepted participants must have a passport valid through 1 November 2019 at the time of the workshop. A copy of the biographic page is required (page with picture, legal name, birth information) and can be uploaded towards the end of the online application.
- Complete this form in entirety including the two essay questions.
- Upload the required documents
- Review and agree to program terms and conditions
Deadline: 2 December 2018
For more information, please visit Young Pacific Leaders Conference.