Singapore International Foundation (SIF) is currently accepting applications for its Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Programme 2019 to inspire, equip and enable the youth of different nationalities to embark on social enterprises (SEs) in Singapore and beyond.
Through the YSE programme, participants will learn from leading social entrepreneurs, business professionals and other youth who are keen on social innovation, while expanding their networks for potential collaborations for good.
Admitted participants will attend a 4-day YSE Workshop held in March 2019 in Singapore, and pitch for a chance to be shortlisted into the YSE programme, which includes a mentorship scheme; overseas study visit and an opportunity to pitch for funding.
- Ecosystem – Join an international ecosystem of changemakers including like-minded individuals, corporates, practitioners and successful entrepreneurs
- Mentorship – Gain access to industry experts and professionals for mentorship
- Overseas study visits – Embark on overseas study visit to gain insights
- Grants – Develop their social enterprise with up to SGD$ 20,000 in grants!
SIF welcome passionate young changemakers and entrepreneurs who have great ideas and are looking to develop their SE. Join now if applicants:
- Have a viable business proposition that addresses a social issue
- Are committed individual or have a team (with up to 3 members who can join the programme)
- Are between 18 to 30 years old (open to all nationalities)
Applications will be reviewed by an external panel of judges comprising of business professionals and practitioners, so that both the business and social impact of their SE idea will be assessed. Application is assessed based on:
- Social impact: The benefits that the community receives, and potential impact to the community/issue.
- Innovativeness: Creative and enterprising ideas, as well as unique aspects of the business models.
- Feasibility and sustainability of the business idea/model: Viability of business idea/model.
- Commitment: Applicants team and/or drive and willingness (attitude) to be committed to be a changemaker.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Deadline: 9 December 2018
For more information, visit Young Social Entrepreneurs Programme.