Deadline: 4 March 2019
Do you want to be a part of a network of emerging leaders with a shared interest in exploring sustainable modern governance? Do you want to meet and work with other young professionals from Western Balkans? If yes, then apply for the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals.
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration in Western Balkan. The programme also aims to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure. In the SAYP, the participants will be able to expand their own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges.
The programme consists of three main components:
- the first takes place in the participants’ home countries in the form of preparatory meetings/webinars and/or reading of material provided by the thematic module organisers.
- This is followed by an intense thematic two-weeks-module during the period of June–August. The thematic module is held in Sweden. Information about the thematic modules for SAYP 2019. This year SAYP Western Balkan offers two different modules in Sweden.
- The module is followed up in the participants’ home countries during autumn, in the form of events, such as study visits or workshop, or follow up project work.
Through SAYP, applicants will:
- Develop their professional skills
- Extend their personal and professional network
- Expand knowledge within sustainable modern governance
- Experience a cross-sectorial work environment
- Try experience-sharing in a macro-regional context
- Get a lifelong membership in the SI Alumni Network, and exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning
- The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration. But SAYP has a cross-sectoral ambition and welcome participants from other parts of the society, if the thematic focus of the module is relevant for the candidate’s professional development, and to the work at his/her home organisation.
- Applicants can apply if they:
- are a citizen of and currently working in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
- are under 36 years old (born 1983 and after)
- have good command of English language
- have a relevant higher education (at least three years)
- are employed in one of the following groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit SI Summer Academy.