In the run-up to this workshop, the third edition of the “Mediterranean Water Heroes” youth contest will offer young water activists from around the Mediterranean the opportunity to showcase their innovative work on water and migration.
Every year, World Water Day draws the world’s attention to key global water issues. World Water Day 2019 will focus on Water and Migration. Youth has an important role to play in working towards regional water security and increased water awareness. Young people are involved in innovative water-related projects and research around the Mediterranean and are key to securing a more sustainable water future in the region. Youth also has an essential role to play in creating a more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees.
- Contest prizes will be determined by CMI in collaboration with the Water Hub over the coming months. The selected contest winners will be offered a speaking role in the different World Water Day 2019 workshop sessions in Marrakech, Morocco as well as:
- Connecting with international water and migration experts and young water professionals: key speaking role during the CMI Water and Migration World Water Day youth workshop in Marrakech, Morocco (25-28 March 2019, dates tbc)
- Visibility: Showcasing of applicant’s work on the Center for Mediterranean Integration and partners’ websites;
- Media: Featuring applicant’s work in a CMI video on water and migration the Mediterranean;
- Mentoring: Peer-to-peer mentoring with other Mediterranean water activists and experts.
- Other selected participants will also be invited to participate in the workshop in March 2019.
CMI encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, including young water activists, entrepreneurs and researchers. Applicants are invited to submit their innovative work around the following themes:
- Water Governance and Forced Displacement
- Climate Change and Forced/Voluntary Migration
- The Water-Employment-Migration (WEM) Nexus
- Water and Green Entrepreneurship for Mediterranean Migrant Youth
- Young people aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the water sector in the Mediterranean.
- Regardless of their place of residence, applicants must be nationals from one of the following Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Applicants may be working for public institutions, research institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or as freelancers.
- The official languages of the contest are English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
Deadline: 23 December 2018
For more information, please visit Mediterranean Water Heroes Youth Contest.