Applicants are invited to apply for 2nd International Youth Summit Lahore 2018 to highlight a dynamic and principled process of promoting the values, relations and institutions that enable youth to participate in social, economic, cultural and political life on the bases of equal rights and dignity.
Summit will focus majorly on engaging societies in order to foster them that are stable, safe and societies that are based on promotion and protection of human rights, as well as respect the value of dignity of each individual, diversity, pluralism, tolerance, non-discrimination, non violence, equal opportunities, solidarity, security and participation of all people, including disadvantaged and vulnerable groups and persons.
People especially youth will be provided with a space to showcase cultural ideologies as youth is very enthusiastic about cultural identities as they have their own cultures through which they make a statement about themselves.
Summit Dates: 26th November – 2nd December 2018
- Peace: The modern world is becoming smaller highly integrated and technologically more advance. It is also becoming highly fragmented, less peaceful and unsafe for both present and future generations. The world is today passing through an environment full of tension, violence,defining values, injustice, reduced tolerance and respect for human rights. The gun culture has already taken a dominant position in most of the developing countries, threatening the future of the youths who deserve a peaceful and better quality of life. This is an area where the youths can come in. One important role which the youth can play in peace and conflict resolution is for them to “BE THE CHANGE“.
- Culture: A set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices associated with a particular field,activity, or societal characteristics are referred as “Culture”. It has the power to transform entire societies, strengthen local communities and forge a sense of all ages. Transmitting heritage values to young people favors intercultural understanding, respect for cultural diversity and helps create an environment propitious to a culture of peace. Youth can act as a bridge between cultures and serve as key agents in promoting peace and intercultural understanding. Pakistan’s culture is enrich in traditions and home to a large number of ethnicities, which makes an interesting and diverse national culture.
- Inclusive Society: ‘An inclusive society is a society that over-rides differences of race, gender, class, generation, and geography, an ensures inclusion,equality of opportunity as well as capability of all members of the society to determine an agreed set of social institutions that govern social interaction.” For the Summit include policies and measures, at the global level, which correspond to the needs of developing countries and economies in transition and are formulated and implemented with their effective participation. Fundamental Values for Inclusion Society are: FREEDOM, EQUALITY, SOLIDARITY, TOLERANCE, RESPECT FOR NATURE AND SHARED RESPONSIBILITY.
All Local Logistics including Local transport(Includes Pick and Drop from Lahore International Airport), Food and Accommodation will be the responsibility of the Organizers whereas travel from and to Lahore, Pakistan will be the responsibility of the Delegates themselves.
- Young activists, professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists are eligible for applying to be a part of the summit. The call is open to participants from around the world.
- Age Limit: 18 – 35 (Flexibility regarding the age limit will be decided on a case by case basis by the Selection Committee)
- Command of English – Applicants do not have to be a native English speaker, however, the Summit is conducted in English so basic understanding or oral and written English is required.
- Please Note: Application form is only for International Delegates and not for delegates from Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Deadline: 30 September 2018
For more information, please visit International Youth Summit Lahore 2018.