The Council on Australia Latin America Relations (COALAR) is seeking applications for its 2019 Young Entrepreneur Award for two young entrepreneurs whose efforts have contributed to building Australia-Latin America relations.
The COALAR Board established the Young Entrepreneur Award to provide an incentive for young, creative and motivated entrepreneurs to deepen Australia Latin America relations. The Award aims to inspire those with existing business and commercial links to expand their operations, and those who are establishing links to further business/commercial activities.
- The awards comprise a cash prize of $5,000 each plus travel and accommodation expenses to a location in Australia to receive their award and have their entrepreneurial achievement profiled. Opportunities will also be provided for networking and linkages to support expansion of their enterprise/activity.
- The Australian Technology Network is sponsoring the $5,000 cash prize for each of the successful candidates. Air New Zealand will provide a return flight to Australia for the Latin American Young Entrepreneur.
To be eligible, entrepeneurs must:
- demonstrate they have built or contributed to building an organisation that enriches the relationship between Latin America and Australia;
- be Australian or Latin American (please note: priority will be given to Australian and Latin American nationals but consideration will also be given to applicants who can demonstrate strong and significant personal or cultural connection to either place);
- be under the age of 40;
- be endorsed by two of their peers (i.e. work colleagues or associates who can endorse the applicants’ claims);
- consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information in so far as it pertains to the award for promotion and publicity purposes.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications online through the SmartyGrants via given website.
Deadline: 12 February 2019
For more information, please visit 2019 Young Entrepreneur Award.