Deadline: 15 October 2018
Applicants are invited to submit applications for 2018 Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership presented by Cisco to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving their common goals.
Cisco and Global Citizen are united in their belief that young people around the world are leading the way to create and implement solutions to achieve the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving.
Selected via an application process, the Youth Leadership prize honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty.
The 2018 winner will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to Johannesburg, South Africa to attend the Prize Ceremony at the Global Citizen Mandela 100 Festival.
- Networking and development opportunities to support applicant’s work.
- Applicants must be 18-30 years old as of December 2, 2018, and be able to travel to South Africa in early December to accept prize.
- For period of three years, applicants must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms.
- Applicants must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
- Applicants must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- Applicants must not be any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
- Impact: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Vision: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Catalyst: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a global citizen and a global problem solver.
- Technological Innovation: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit 2018 Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership.